Climbing positions with advantages.

alberto.gaitan, Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:10 pm

I have seen several cases of people getting promotion in positions on the ship. The most common is "Paisano promotes Paisano". As I was the only one of my nationality on board, I could not have early promotion and I had to wait years while some of my managers considered their paisanos first. I have also seen people climb positions with very obvious situations. Once a very pretty young woman came to the boat. She started as a busgirl and worked on a side stand next to mine. I remember that I helped her a lot and gave her advice about work. She learned from her coach and from my help as well. Weeks later, the young lady began to have a relationship with a rank officer. From one day to the next, from being my colleague busgirl, she became almost my boss, because her lover made her ascend to a post with official rank. It is when you feel that effort or merit is not worth the influences and relationships that a person may have. A very large fault in the companies because they make a person with good performance begin to lose motivation and thus not take into account the good work in customer service. What cases do you know and has given you anger?

Return to “Ship Drama Problems”